We are very happy to announce the launch of the brand new alumni portal of IIT (BHU) Varanasi powered by Vaave.
IIT (BHU) Varanasi (http://www.iitbhu.ac.in/) is one of the oldest and most prestigious engineering colleges in India. This university has a glorious heritage and a great number of notable alumni to boast about.
Founded in 1919 as the Banaras Engineering College, it became the Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University in 1968. It was designated an Indian Institute of Technology in 2012. BHU has the credit of first starting degree classes in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Metallurgy and Pharmaceutics. BHU was the first Indian university to introduce the study of Pharmaceutical Chemistry. IIT (BHU), Varanasi is ranked 14 in National Institutional Ranking Framework published by Ministry of Human Resource Development in April 2016.
IIT (BHU) is the proud alma-mater of notable alumni like:
- Thomas Anantharaman, one of the 3-member team at IBM who developed IBM Deep Blue supercomputer.
- Kota Harinarayana, a Padma Shri awardee and distinguished scientist at DRDO
- Nikesh Arora, President at Softbank, Ex-Senior Vice President and Chief Business Officer at Google. Currently the highest paid Indian executive in the world.
- Krishan Kant, former Vice-President of India.
- Veer Bhadra Mishra, Professor, founder of Sankat Mochan Foundation and was a TIME Magazines “Hero of the Planet” recipient in 1999 for his work related to cleaning of the Ganges.
- Varun Grover (writer), National Film Award winning Lyricist and Songwriter. Famous for writing the songs of Gangs of Wasseypur.
We sincerely thank Mr. Ashish Bhartia (Director – IIT BHU Global Alumni Association) and all the other members of the alumni association for providing us with the golden opportunity of building the Official Alumni Portal for IIT (BHU) Varanasi.
The alumni association was keen on revamping it’s old alumni website into a more interactive and user friendly one. In spite of being the largest alumni association among all IITs, the association was facing challenges in effectively managing its alumni relations. After considering multiple options and numerous conversations, the association chose Vaave as their Official Alumni Engagement Partner. They felt that Vaave, with an impressive track record of working with many premier institutions across India will help them achieve their goals in the most effective way possible by providing a technology solution to streamline alumni engagement and also by continuously supporting them in their efforts.
IIT BHU Global Alumni Association (IBGAA) launched the new portal on September 17 and it was heartening to see the response from their beloved alumni.
Within a few minutes of announcing the launch on their Facebook page, the post was flooded with many likes and shares.
We look forward to a long lasting relationship with IIT (BHU) Varanasi and maintaining the trust that they have put in us. We are committed to helping the institution and the alumni association connect back to their alumni in a meaningful manner.
Visit the Alumni Network of IIT (BHU) Varanasi here – https://connect.iitbhuglobal.org/
To know more about us, visit – www.vaave.com
Follow this space for bigger and interesting news from us